Transfer Students

Application Process (Admission Requirements, Materials, & Deadlines)

Apply to NEMCC
Regular admission is granted to academic, technical, and career students who seek the Associate of Arts Degree, the Associate of Applied Science Degree, or the Career Certificate. Apply Now to submit your application.

These steps do not necessarily have to be completed in order. They simply serve as a guide toward enrollment.

Submit High School Transcript
If you have less than 12 earned college credit hours, proof of high school graduation is required. A transcript proving graduation from an approved and/or accredited high school or private academy, completion of an approved home school program, or documentation of a passing score on the General Education Development Test (GED), HiSet, or TASC.

Submit College Transcripts
All official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended. Credits will be accepted from other regionally accredited colleges/universities. Students who have earned under a 2.0 GPA at a previous institution must seek admission via the admissions appeal process. Failure to list all previously attended colleges/universities may result in cancellation of enrollment.

Submit ACT Scores
Scores on the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Some vocational/career certificate students may be required to complete the WorkKeys Test with the required score to in enroll in particular programs.

ACT scores are not required for students over 21 years of age for acceptance into NEMCC, however, the test may be required for entry into specific programs. A placement test may also be required.

Apply for Federal Financial Aid
Financial Aid is any source of funds that are available to help you pay for college. We recommend you submit a financial aid application to see what you qualify for.

If you are a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, submit your completed FAFSA application.

- NEMCC's Federal School Code is 002426.
- Remember that you will need to apply for financial aid every academic year.
- Need help?  Make an appointment for Financial Aid Assistance.

Apply for Foundation Scholarships
The NEMCC Foundation has numerous scholarships available to help pay for educational expenses for individuals who need financial assistance.

Explore Foundation Scholarships

Apply for Mississippi Resident Scholarships
Additional scholarships may be available for Mississippi residents through the Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid.

Explore Available Assistance for Mississippi Residents 

Apply for Housing
Students wishing to stay on campus will need to complete a housing application.

Explore Residence Life | Submit Housing Application

Meet with your Advisor
Your academic advisor serves as a primary source of guidance as you navigate your undergraduate or graduate degree requirements.  Communicate with your advisor early, and often!

You can find your advisor by signing into the TigerOne Portal and selecting the Student Profile tab.

Register for Classes

Obtain ID Card & Parking Decal
ID Cards and Parking Decals are available from the Housing Office in Ramsey Hall.  You may submit your request for a new ID or Decal online.

Request New ID or Parking Decal

Pay Tuition & Fees

Student Business Services | TigerOne Portal

Restrictions on Registration

  • Students with a transfer GPA below a 2.0 must seek admission through the Admissions Committee. The student must submit an appeal letter. The Admissions Committee will review the appeal letter and all college transcripts. The student will be notified of the committee's decision. A maximum of 45 semester hours of transfer credit may be applied toward a degree program.