Welcome to eLearning
Expand your learning experience at Northeast through online courses, Northeast offers core academics and over 20 programs that can be taken online.
Upcoming Important Dates
Full Term: January 22- May 3
Short Term 1: January 22 – March 15
Short Term II: March 18 – May 10 (Some courses ending on May 3)
Northeast recognizes the needs of students who, because of various time or space barriers, cannot attend courses in the traditional classroom setting. Northeast is an active participant in the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC), a joint on-line effort between the Community Colleges within the State of Mississippi and the State Board for Community and Junior Colleges. This partnership increases the number of Internet-based courses that are available to Northeast students.
Faculty and students participating in eLearning courses interact through phone, e-mail, discussion boards, and chat rooms. All on-line courses meet the same educational requirements as traditional classroom courses.
Accessing your Classes Online
Online courses are delivered through an internet based learning system called Canvas. When you register for online courses, your courses will become available on the first day of class. You will need to log in and complete weekly assignments. These assignments will be your attendance records for your course. You will also be required to complete 2-3 proctored exams.
You will be able to log in and view your course on the first day of class. To log in complete the following steps:
- Go to the Canvas link at the top of the website.
- Your username is your Northeast Email Address.
- If your password has not been setup, you will use the Create New Password link.
- On the Create New Password link you will enter your Northeast Email Address.
- An email will be sent to your personal email on file. Use the email links to setup your password. To confirm your personal email file, you may inquire with Admissions and Records or the eLearning Office.
Your new password can be used to access Canvas, Email, and other Northeast applications.
Take a tour in Canvas and learn more about the tools in Canvas in our Student Training Course.