TIGER WORKS is the new Adult Education (AE) opportunity at Northeast Mississippi Community College! Tiger WORKS offers a variety of Opportunities, Resources, Knowledge, and Skills to help you advance toward your life goals: Tiger WORKS is your next step toward accomplishing your career and educational goals.
- High School Equivalency (GED/HSE) test prep instruction for FREE
- Industry endorsed/driven certifications to aid in job readiness for FREE
- Advanced and beginner computing with computing certifications for FREE
- Math courses to help manage your household and business for FREE
- Money management courses to help budget your future for FREE
- Up to 15 hours of college credits to apply toward an associate degree for FREE
- Courses to equip parents to help their children with homework
- Career counseling and individualized career success plan for FREE
- Scholarship and incentives toward obtaining credits to apply towards an associate degree for Free
- Both day and night classes to fit any schedule
YOU COULD BE OUR NEXT HSE GRADUATE!
C2C YOUTH PROGRAM
NEMCC Tiger WORKS offers the opportunity for qualifying individuals to participate in the C2C (Counseling to Career) Youth Program. The goal with each youth is to provide one-on-one counseling to develop a “truly personalized” Individual Service Strategy (ISS) that helps the youth with short and long-term school/career goals. A C2C counselor assists participants in character development so they may begin the path to a better and brighter future and so much more:
- Increase basic literacy skills (if needed)
- Complete the Work Ethics Training Certificate
- Complete an GED/HSE (if needed)
- Complete work experience through an internship
- Enter college, military or become employed
HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY (HSE) DIPLOMA
The AE department at NEMCC offers FREE preparation classes for individuals who want to attend college, find a better job, or support their families. On July 1st, 2016, the AE Department of NEMCC began offering multiple pathways to the HSE diploma. The Mississippi Community College Board AE Office will issue a HSE Diploma for anyone who completes the General Education Development (GED® ) test or the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET).
At NEMCC adult educational advancement opportunities are now greater than ever with multiple HSE testing options which supply a much-needed HSE diploma as well as College and Career Readiness (CCR). CCR standards align with the entry-level expectations of colleges, workforce training programs, and employers to ensure that our students are equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in college, career, and life.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the unemployment rate is 3.5% greater for individuals who have not obtained a HSE.
- According to the BLS, individuals who have no HSE make $343.00 less in weekly wages.
- A recent study conducted by the Washington State Board for Community and State Colleges states that a HSE is directly related to an individual’s ability to earn a “family sustaining wage.”
Click the links for additional information:
Anyone interested in enrolling into one of our C2C programs, HSE Test Prep Classes, or Career Pathways program must complete a “NEMCC Smart Start” prior to enrollment. See the Smart Start schedule for locations and times: 2017-2018 Enrollment Schedule. Contact any of our local ABE departments to sign up for the next available NEMCC Smart Start and get started today on a path to a better future!
Call us today to sign up……
….or send us a message today and we will contact you!
[contact-form to=”www.nemcc.edu/workforce/abe/ ” subject=”Adult Ed Inquiry “][contact-field label=”Your Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Your Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url”][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]