WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR G.P.A.:
- Speak with your advisor or a counselor about your schedule. It’s easier to avoid a tough situation than it is to get out of one.
- Communicate often and well with your instructors regarding assignments, grades and other issues effecting your course performance.
- Ask about the Repeat Course Policy for courses in which you receive a “D” or “F” (policy is given below).
- Utilize all tutoring resources and utilize them early and often!
- Ask your advisor or contact the Counseling Center about signing up for independent study courses that are designed to improve your academic/career/personal skills.
- Get off to a strong start; it makes a world of difference!
REPEAT COURSE POLICY
Students are permitted to retake up to two different courses (limited to Northeast courses only), not to exceed eight semester hours, in which he or she made a “D” or “F”, with the original grade remaining on the transcript; but not counted toward the student’s GPA. Only the higher grade will be computed in the GPA. A student may retake a course only once under this policy and it must be taken at Northeast. Some courses may not be eligible for this policy. Students may not retake a course in which an “F” was received as a sanction for academic misconduct. This Repeat Course Policy is only in effect for Northeast and may not apply at other institutions.
Students must secure signatures from their advisor or counselor then submit the forms to the Dean of Instruction in Ramsey Hall.