Grade Point Average
Ways to strengthen your GPA
- Speak with your advisor or a counselor about your schedule. It’s easier to avoid a tough situation than it is to get out of one.
- Communicate often and well with your instructors regarding assignments, grades and other issues effecting your course performance.
- Ask about the Repeat Course Policy for courses in which you receive a “D” or “F” (policy is given below).
- Utilize all tutoring resources and utilize them early and often!
- Ask your advisor or contact the Counseling Center about signing up for independent study courses that are designed to improve your academic/career/personal skills.
- Get off to a strong start; it makes a world of difference!