Some factors to consider when selecting a college major include:
- What type of career can you see yourself in?
- What type of work do you enjoy?
- What are your interests?
- Which subjects did you enjoy studying the most in high school?
- If you completed a career assessment in high school, what did the results indicate? (If you have never taken such an assessment, consider taking a college major test before selecting a program of study.)
- What type of skills do you have?
- Do you have any hobbies that you would like to pursue as a career?
- What did you learn about what you like and dislike from your past work experience?
- Are there in-demand career fields in the geographic areas where you would like to live following graduation?