Things to Bring to the Dorm
- Sheets–regular twin size, except for Mississippi Hall. See Dorm Design and Layout for sizes.
- Towels, bath cloths
- Rug–only if you want one for room and bath.
- Toilet tissue and toiletries.
- Cleaning supplies.
- Some cleaning supplies are available through the dorm supervisor.
- Vacuums are available also, check them out from the dorm supervisor.
- Wireless internet is provided by the college, see the Help Desk for instructions on connecting.
- Television service is provided, need to bring cable to connect from outlet to Television.
Please be aware of the following:
- TV brands such as Element, Emerson, and Sceptre will not work with the Cable the college provides unless you have a Digital Quam Tuner. Northeast Mississippi Community College is not responsible for providing the Digital Quam Tuner. The student must contact the cable company (MaxxSouth Broadband).
- Anyone using personal computer through the college’s wireless network is expected to abide by the College’s Electronic Usage Policy.
- Basic shower curtain is in the bathroom, however, if you wish to supply your own, you should make sure the original one is put back before you leave the room at end of school year.
- All rooms are equipped with blinds or curtains, if you choose to change these, you should put the original ones back before you leave.
- Do not hang anything on the walls that will damage the paint, wallpaper, or wall surfaces. Damage to walls will be assessed and charged to each occupant of the room.
Any items with an open heat source of any kind such as candles, grills, conventional ovens, hot plates, etc… are not permitted.