The mission of the NEMCC Radiologic Technology Program is to instill the value of lifelong learning and professionalism in students, graduates and faculty and to provide the students with an education in radiologic technology that prepares them for the ARRT certification examination and employment as an entry-level Registered Radiologic Technologist.
1. Students will develop competency as an entry-level radiographer.
SLO 1.1 Students will be able to perform routine exams
SLO 1.2 Students demonstrate procedures in patient care
SLO 1.3 Students will demonstrate radiation protection
2. Students will be able to communicate effectively.
SLO 2.1 Students will effectively communicate with patients
SLO 2.2 Students will be able to write clearly and effectively
SLO 2.3 Students will demonstrate thoroughness in the completion of reading journal entries
SLO 2.4 Students will identify the main and secondary ideas
SLO 2.5 Students will utilize component parts (such as title, preface, conclusion, index, etc.) in comprehending the purpose and meaning of course-required texts
3. Students will think critically and analytically.
SLO 3.1 Students will be adaptive for procedures on all patients (in trauma situations)
SLO 3.2 Students will identify diagnostic quality images and correct non-quality images accordingly
4. The student demonstrates the values and ethics of a radiographer and an understanding of professional development and lifelong learning.
SLO 4.1 Students will demonstrate professional behavior
SLO 4.2 Students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the key professional organizations (ARRT, JRCERT, ASRT)
5. Students will be prepared for immediate employment as a radiologic technologist or continuing studies in the field of diagnostic imaging.
SLO 5.1 Students will find employment as entry-level radiographers or in an advanced modality
SLO 5.2 Students will pass a National Certification Examination
SLO 5.3 Employers of RT graduates will be satisfied with job performance
SLO 5.4 Students who start the program will finish the program
SLO 5.5 Graduates will feel that the program’s course content was appropriate for all courses
Program Assessment Plans