The mission of the NEMCC Medical Assisting Program is to prepare medical assistants who excel in knowledge, skill, and professionalism required by employers and the medical community.
The goals of the NEMCC Medical Assisting Program are to produce graduates who will:
- demonstrate competencies in the knowledge, skills, and behaviors required of an entry- level Medical Assistant.
- practice health and safety policies and procedures necessary to the establishment of a safe working environment.
- display effective oral, written, and technical communication skills.
- show a commitment to professional growth, development, and life-long learning.
- develop community and ethical knowledge while providing health care services to diverse populations.
- be prepared to successfully pass the AAMA national certification exam.