Frequently Asked Questions

QUESTION I am a new/transfer student and I haven’t received VA benefits before and would like to apply for benefits at this school. What should I do?

ANSWER Come by the Veterans Affairs Office on the NEMCC Booneville to complete the required forms needed or review forms needed online at Applying for Benefits (LINK) that are required to initiate your benefits. A VA representative is available to answer any questions you may have.

QUESTION I am adding/dropping classes and this will change my enrollment status. What should I do?

ANSWER All changes to your class schedule and/or contact information must always be reported to the campus VA office.

QUESTION I am changing my major. What do I need to fill out?

ANSWER Fill out a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form. If you are a veteran or a reservist, fill out VA form 22-1995. If you are a dependent of a veteran fill out VA form 22-5495. You must also complete a change of major form with the college.

QUESTION When can I apply for VA Benefits at NEMCC?

ANSWER As soon as you decide that you are interested in attending college complete the GI Bill application at The sooner the better! Be sure to bring a copy of your DD 214 for active duty veterans, a NOBE for Reserve and National Guard applicants, a Certificate of Eligibility Letter once approved by the VA and a copy of your semester schedule. If you have additional questions contact the NEMCC VA Office.

Last updated on October 2nd, 2016 at 10:31 pm.
Page maintained by the Office of Enrollment Services