Teaching Outstanding Performance Award
Because of your continued dedication and commitment to Northeast Mississippi Community College; your Foundation wants to honor you with the T.O.P. Award.
This honor will be awarded to one full-time faculty member from each of the six academic divisions. The T.O.P. Award winners will receive a plaque which will be presented by the President, name and picture released in the local newspapers, published on the Foundation website and Foundation’s Annual Report; and many additional events throughout the year. Additionally the recipients will receive a grant in the amount of $100. These grant funds can be used at your discretion for your classroom, office, or professional development needs.
- Any faculty member wishing to participate in the T.O.P. Award program must submit a one-page description of your innovative teaching method, which was implemented during the prior academic year. The award criteria sheet can be obtained by clicking the on the button above. Submission deadline is October 1st of each year.
- Once the Foundation Office compiles the applications, they will distribute the packets to each Division Head; who will then call a meeting of their division to evaluate the award applications. Your peers will do the selection of the winner. A silent vote will be cast for the individual you believe deserves the T.O.P. Award. In the event of a tie, an off-campus judge has been selected to evaluate the applications and make the deciding selection.
The innovative teaching methods of faculty members at Northeast Mississippi Community College are commendable and we at the Foundation are excited to recognize excellence with the T.O.P. Award.
- Write a one-page description of your innovative teaching method, which was implemented in the prior academic year. Please include your reasoning for implementation and methods used to retain and improve student learning which ultimately lead to success.
- Please obtain the T.O.P. Award spreadsheet and complete the needed information on retention and pass rates. You must include this document in your award application. ( T.O.P. Award Spreadsheet File)
- Please obtain a letter of support from your division head and include with your application packet.
- Award applications must be submitted to the Foundation Office by October 1st of each year. (Please assure that your name and division is included in the application.) Submit the one page description in a Word document and the completed above-mentioned spreadsheet via email to Tiffany Johnson, Foundation Financial Officer.
Award will be given to one full-time faculty member from each of the six divisions. (Note: Award winners must skip one year before re-applying)
Selection of T.O.P. Award winners will be determined by silent vote from your peers within your division. Once tabulated, the division head will give the winning applicant name to the Foundation Office.
In the event of a tie, an off-campus judge has been selected to evaluate the applications and make the deciding selection.
Each award winner will receive a plaque presented by the President, picture and name released in local newspapers, published on the Foundation website and Foundation’s Annual Report and a private parking spot; and many additional events throughout the year (January 1st – December 31st). (A resume will be requested from each award recipient to assist in published information.)
Additionally, a grant in the amount of $100 will be given. This grant can be used at the discretion of the winning faculty member for their classroom, office, or professional development needs.