Student Advisor Profile
The Student Advisor Profile in conjunction with the Student Profile provides advisors with a new advisee listing, and consolidates a wealth of information about a student in a single page, called the Student Profile.
If you are an advisor or faculty member, you should already have access. The Student Advisor Profile is part of Banner 9. It is a powerful lightweight mobile-friendly web application that will replace our existing Banner Self-Service implementation (Tigerline) as it is phased out by Ellucian. This transition is scheduled to be completed in December of 2018.
Click an item below to learn more:
Use the Advisee Search page to select the term for which you would like to search for a specific advisee to view their student profile information. You may also click View My Advisee Listing to see all advisees assigned to you for the selected term.
To search for a specific student, select the radio button that indicates the search criteria you wish to enter (Student ID, Student Email, or Student Name).
- When searching by name, you must search using the format of last name, first name. Once you have entered 3 characters, Banner 9 will return a list of students matching your criteria. You may continue to enter letters to further limit the search, or select a student and click the View Profile button.
- After entering a student ID or email address, press either the Enter or Tab key on your keyboard to initiate the search. When the student’s name appears, click the View Profile button.
- When multiple student names appear, click the correct one and then click the View Profile button.
The Advisee Listing provides a list of all students with whom you have an active advising relationship for the given semester. You can sort, filter, and/or download the list of advisees, email advisees, or access an individual student’s profile from this page:
Here are some tips about the Advisee Listing:
- Students who have requested confidentiality are indicated with an orange lock iconto the right of their name and ID. No information may be released to third parties about these students, including whether or not the person is a student at Northeast.
- Use the Tools icon (the cog the upper right corner) to export your Advisee Listing to Excel:
- Use the vertical scroll bar at the bottom to scroll to the right and view more advisee details, and use the page navigation tools in the lower left corner to access more search results and/or adjust the number of students that display per page:
The Student Profile contains a wealth of information about a student on a single page, and replaces some menu items from the current Faculty Services and Advisor Menu section of Tigerline Self Service as those will be phased out. Students will also have access to their own profile in Self Service.
Information available from the Student Profile includes:
- Student name and ID
- Basic biographic and demographic information (email, phone, date of birth)
- General information about the student (level, classification, student status, residency)
- Academic advisor details
- Curriculum details
- Class schedule (the Registered Courses list only includes active registrations)
- Prior education details (including institutions attended and degrees earned) and Test Scores
- Academic Standing
- Overall earned hours and GPA
- A Registration Notices section, which displays information about items that could impact a student’s ability to register for the term
- A summary of active Holds.
As an advisor, you can display your advisees’ Registration PIN by clicking on the Registration Notices link.
In addition to the holds that were discussed previously, there are certain other holds that have been identified as “Releasable” by the Enrollment Services Office. Students may have an “Advisor Hold” on their account. This hold will require a student to meet with their assigned advisor prior to registration.
Once you meet with a student, you can release this hold by clicking the checkbox and clicking “Release”. You will then be prompted to enter a note if you wish. Enter a note if desired and then click “OK”.
Notes that are created, will follow the student and are available by clicking the Notes link.