Northeast Mississippi Community College offers online courses that allow students to have a more flexible schedule and meet their educational goals. Northeast offers online courses through the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC), which includes Mississippi’s 15 community colleges. You will be able to take courses with Northeast instructors as well as courses that have been approved through the other community colleges. To get started taking online courses at Northeast Community College follow the steps below.
- Make sure online courses are a good fit for you.
SmarterMeasure is an assessment that measures online readiness. It is an indicator of the degree to which distance learning and/or learning in a technology-rich environment will be a good fit.
- Complete the admissions process to become eligible to register for classes.
Access the admissions application online.
- Meet with an advisor to find the right classes for your needs.
Obtain your pin number for registration from your advisor.
- Register for classes.
Registration can be completed online or with your advisor. Northeast online courses can be added in Tigerline. Non-NEMCC online courses can be added/changed by contacting the eLearning Office.
- Order your textbooks and supplies.
You can access your textbook information along with instructor contact information using your Student Profile.
- Login and complete your coursework.
On the first day of class, you will be able to access your course and review the requirements.Login Information
You will be able to login and view your course on first day of class. To login complete the following steps:
- Go to http://nemcc.instructure.com
- First time Canvas users will need to create your password before logging in.
- Click the Create or Reset Password link. This will allow you to setup your initial password ore reset a forgotten password.
- Enter your Northeast Email Address.
- Access your Northeast email to view the instructions to create your password.
- Upon receipt of the email follow directions to create a password.
- Your username will be your first letter of your first name, your entire last name, and the last four numbers of your Northeast ID number.
- Stay in contact with your instructor and maintain attendance by completing assignments by the due date.
- If you need assistance outside of the classroom, contact the eLearning Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-720-7193
A 24/7 Support Center is available to assist with using Canvas or technical issues you are facing with the learning management system.
Chat or a Webform can be accessed by clicking the Help button in the upper right-hand corner of Canvas.