Getting Started with eLearning
Northeast Mississippi Community College offers online courses that allow students to have a more flexible schedule and meet their educational goals. Northeast offers online courses through the Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC), which includes Mississippi’s 15 community colleges. You will be able to take courses with Northeast instructors as well as courses that have been approved through the other community colleges. To get started taking online courses at Northeast Community College follow the steps below.
- Make sure online courses are a good fit for you.
SmarterMeasure is an assessment that measures online readiness. It is an indicator of the degree to which distance learning and/or learning in a technology-rich environment will be a good fit.
- Complete the admissions process to become eligible to register for classes.
Access the admissions application online.
- Meet with an advisor to find the right classes for your needs.
Obtain your pin number for registration from your advisor.
- Register for classes.
Registration can be completed online or with your advisor. Northeast online courses can be added in Tigerline. Non-NEMCC online courses can be added/changed by contacting the eLearning Office.
- Order your textbooks and supplies.
You can access your textbook information along with instructor contact information using your Student Profile.
- Login and complete your coursework.
On the first day of class, you will be able to access your course and review the requirements.
You will be able to login and view your course on first day of class. To login complete the following steps:
- Go to GoNortheast at the top of the webpage.
- Your username is your Northeast email address.
- If your password has not been setup it will be TigersXXXX, the XXXX is the last four of your Student ID number. After first time setup you will use the new password to login and for email access.
- Stay in contact with your instructor and maintain attendance by completing assignments by the due date.
- If you need assistance outside of the classroom, contact the eLearning Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-720-7193.
A 24/7 Support Center is available to assist with using Canvas or technical issues you are facing with the learning management system.
Chat or a Webform can be accessed by clicking the Help button in the left navigation menu in Canvas.