Welcome to Tiger D.E.N.
To access forms/applications, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
What is the Tiger D.E.N.?
Northeast houses a food pantry, located in Wright Hall Student Success Center, for student need called the Tiger D.E.N. (Delivering Every Need). The purpose of the Tiger D.E.N. is to provide supplemental food and other necessities to students in need. We know that it is hard to make ends meet when you are living on a tight budget and going to school, this is in place to help you achieve.
Who is eligible to participate?
The Tiger D.E.N. is a free resource to all students enrolled in at least 3 hours and receiving FASFA at Northeast Mississippi Community College. Students will need to present a NEMCC Student I.D. at pick-up. There are no other qualifiers for this resource-if it will benefit you or your family, we encourage you to utilize it. The process is as confidential as possible. If you are not receiving financial aid and feel that you would benefit from this service, please email email@example.com. The Tiger D.E.N. committee will review each request on a case by case basis.
How does it work?
- Your first time requesting this service, we ask that you fill out the easy application. It is found at the bottom of this page.
- Follow the easy instructions on locating your Financial Aid Award Letter and turn it in. These are located at the bottom of the page with the Application.
- Once you have been approved, meaning staff check to see that you are a registered student and that you submitted your Award Letter, you will be given a DEN ID.
- Log onto our Tiger D.E.N. website and fill out the Request Form. Here you will choose the types of food you like or need, types of cooking appliances you have available, and time you are going to pick up. *You MUST fill out the Request Form to receive items.*
- When the pick-up time is confirmed and your order is ready, you will receive notification via your official NEMCC email and/or text message.
- You will come to the front door of Wright Hall, there, someone will direct you to the pick-up location. You will present your Student ID and receive your order.
When does it start?
We are now accepting applications each month! You can access the application on this page. The application stays open from the Monday after the last pick-up date, until the Sunday before the next pick-up date.
The pick-up dates will be:
Thursday, October 17, 2019 (Application open September16-October 13)
Thursday, November 21, 2019 (Application open October 21-November 17)
*******End of Fall Semester*******
Thursday, January 30, 2020 (Application open January 6-January 26)
Thursday, February 27, 2020 (Application open February 3-February 23)
Thursday, March 26, 2020 (Application open March 2-March 22)
Thursday, April 30, 2020 (Application open March 30-April 26)
*******End of Spring Semester*******
How many times can I use the Tiger D.E.N?
We are dedicated to serving our students and we respect your situation. At this time we ask that students limit requests to one per month.
Do you have any other resources?
While we only offer the Tiger D.E.N. once a month, we are still growing. We hope to be able to open more in the future. Until then, we have information about other programs and resources for students and families in need. If we cannot help you, we will point you in the direction you need to go!
How can I help?
At this time we are working with Phi Theta Kappa and other student organizations to meet the need of volunteers. If you participate in any of these, ask your organization advisor how you can help.
Refer students, friends and classmates. It’s hard to ask for help, sometimes we need a push from someone else. If you know someone who could benefit, tell them about the Tiger D.E.N.
Donate food. If you do not know what to donate, we have a list of most needed items. Or, you can just bring non-perishable food items to the Tiger D.E.N. in Wright Hall.
How can I contact the Tiger D.E.N.?
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there a handbook for the Tiger D.E.N?
Yes, you can find it at the link below.
Tiger DEN Application
First time users, click the Application below to become approved for the Tiger DEN.
*You must submit an Award Offer from Financial Aid in order to receive services. Please see the instructions on doing this below.
Tiger DEN Request Form
Once you have been approved, click the Request Form below to choose your items.
*If your Tiger DEN number falls between TD001-TD092, please see the instructions on submitting an Award Offer before you fill out your request form. You may check your student email for more information.