Welcome to Tiger D.E.N.
What is the Tiger D.E.N.?
Northeast houses a food pantry, located in Wright Hall Student Success Tutorial Center, for student need called the Tiger D.E.N. (Delivering Every Need). The purpose of the Tiger D.E.N. is to provide supplemental food and other necessities to students in need. We know that it is hard to make ends meet when you are living on a tight budget and going to school, this is in place to help you achieve.
Who is eligible to participate?
The Tiger D.E.N. is a free resource to all enrolled students at Northeast Mississippi Community College. Students will need to present a NEMCC Student I.D. at pick-up. There are no other qualifiers for this resource-if it will benefit you or your family, we encourage you to utilize it. The process is as confidential as possible.
How does it work?
- Your first time requesting this service, we ask that you fill out the easy application. It is found on this page.
- Once you have been approved, meaning staff check to see that you are a registered student, you will be given a DEN ID.
- Log onto our Tiger D.E.N. website and fill out the Request Form. Here you will choose the types of food you like or need, types of cooking appliances you have available, and time you are going to pick up.
- When the pick-up time is confirmed and your order is ready, you will receive notification via your official NEMCC email.
- You will come to Wright Hall, go to the Student Success Tutorial Lab, and the Tiger D.E.N. is to your left. You will present your Student ID and receive your order.
When does it start?
We are now accepting applications through Tuesday, October 2! You can access the application on this page. The first pick-up date will be Thursday, October 4.
How many times can I use the Tiger D.E.N?
We are dedicated to serving our students and we respect your situation. At this time we ask that students limit requests to one per month.
Do you have any other resources?
While we only offer the Tiger D.E.N. once a month, we are still growing. We hope to be able to open more in the coming months. Until then, we have information about other programs and resources for students and families in need. If we cannot help you, we will point you in the direction you need to go!
How can I help?
At this time we are working with Phi Theta Kappa and other student organizations to meet the need of volunteers. If you participate in any of these, ask your organization advisor how you can help.
Refer students, friends and classmates. It’s hard to ask for help, sometimes we need a push from someone else. If you know someone who could benefit, tell them about the Tiger D.E.N.
Donate food. If you do not know what to donate, we have a list of most needed items. Or, you can just bring non-perishable food items to the Tiger D.E.N. in Wright Hall.
How can I contact the Tiger D.E.N.?
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there a handbook for the Tiger D.E.N?
Yes, you can find it at the link below.
First time users, click the Application below to become approved for the Tiger DEN.
Once you have been approved, click the Request Form below to choose your items.