Burgess Fitness Center
Steps To Becoming A Community Member
- Complete and submit the form using the “Community Member Registration” link to the left.
- Visit the NEMCC Business Office, in Ramsey Hall to submit payment.
- Visit the Office of Housing in Ramsey Hall to obtain your Fitness Center ID.
- Upon your first visit to Burgess Fitness Center, have a staff member activate your ID for use on future visits.
Activating your ID Card
- Visit the Fitness Center during the hours of Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. or Friday 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Ring doorbell, present receipt from Business Office and ID Card to staff for activation.
- Fill out liability release waiver.
Equipment and Features
- 53 pieces of cardiovascular equipment (bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, stair-climbers, and rowing machines)
- 14 full body strength circuit machines; dumbbells ranging from 1 lb. to 120 lbs.
- 9 free weight strength machines with 2300 lbs. of Olympic plate weights
- 1 set of Olympic rings
- 1 hanging box/kick bag
- 2 professional squat racks with an additional 950 lbs. of Olympic plate weights
- Smith machine
- 23 bikes available to check out and ride around campus
- Cardio entertainment wall with eight (8) 65” TV’s with TV audio streamed through a smart phone application
- Group fitness classes including strength training, Spinning, Yoga, Zumba, and ab’s class
- Indoor walking area
- Locker and shower facilities
- Beach Body on Demand available to stream at the touch of a finger
- Body composition room capable of measuring body fat percentage, weight, height, BMI, inches, blood pressure, and O2 saturation
- Facility staff to assist
Fitness Center Hours
Monday-Thursday 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Community or Faculty/Staff
Monday – Friday 4 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Business Office Hours
Monday – Thursday
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
8 a.m. – 12 p.m.