Northeast Mississippi Community College is a public, comprehensive community college that exists to meet the educational and career needs of individual students and the community within the district it serves – Alcorn, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo and Union Counties – by awarding the Associate of Arts Degree, Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificates. Beyond this original scope, Northeast responds to the needs of all who seek a college education.
To accomplish the intended role and scope of the college, the following institutional goals were established:
- To provide degree and certificate programs that prepare students for continued studies or immediate employment.
- To provide a program of student services that will facilitate the educational, career, personal, and social growth of students.
- To provide developmental studies within the curriculum to strengthen the basic skills of students.
- To offer continuing education, community services, and adult basic education for individuals striving for personal and professional growth and/or personal enrichment.
- To provide employer-driven, industry-specific workforce education and training to business, industry, and individuals.
- To provide human resources, financial resources, instructional resources, and physical facilities necessary to offer quality instruction