Northeast Mississippi Community College is a public, comprehensive community college that exists to meet the diverse educational and career needs of individual students and the community within the district it serves – Alcorn, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo and Union Counties – by awarding the Associate of Arts Degree, Associate of Applied Science Degree and Certificates. Beyond this original scope, Northeast responds to the needs of all who seek to further their education.
To accomplish the intended role and scope of the college, the following institutional goals were established:
- To provide accessible, high quality and cost-effective curricula that prepare students for continued studies or transfer to four-year institutions
- To provide industry-focused career and technical education that is student centered, comprehensive, and responsive to the employment needs of business and industry.
- To provide a program of student services that will facilitate the educational, career, personal, and social growth of students.
- To provide developmental studies within the curriculum to strengthen the basic skills of students.
- To offer continuing education, community services, and adult education for individuals striving for personal and professional growth and/or personal enrichment.
- To provide employer-driven, industry-specific workforce education and training to businesses, industries, and individuals.
- To provide human resources, financial resources, instructional resources, and physical facilities necessary to offer quality instruction.